Association of Filmmakers in FBiH in cooperation with their partners Faculty of Drama Arts Cetinje and Sarajevo Academy of Performing Arts is organizing “Shoot your film“ project and is looking for two film experts in the fields of film directing and film production for a Master Class on the necessity of collaboration. The CVs should be sent to email@example.com by November 16th.
Terms of Reference for two independent Experts
About the programme
The “Culture and Creativity for the Western Balkans” (CC4WBs) project, funded by the European Union, is focused on fostering dialogue in the Western Balkans by enhancing the cultural and creative sectors for increased socio-economic impact. Over a 48-month period, the CC4WBs project aims to improve the performance of the cultural and creative sectors in order to enhance skills, knowledge, access to financial aid to increase competitiveness and sustain co-production and circulation of goods and services in the Western Balkans.
As part of the CC4WBs project, Culture and Creativity Learning Labs are to be developed. They will later act as multipliers of best practice in given topics in the WB region.
The two independent experts should lead a capacity-building training in form of Master Class, as part of the Learning Lab project “Shoot your film” project implemented by Association of Filmmakers in BIH in cooperation with their partners Faculty of Drama Arts Cetinje and Sarajevo Academy of Performing Arts for beneficiary across the WB region.
The objective of the Master Class will be to transfer high-quality, relevant, current, professional knowledge, share experience and give advice to the project specific target group, film students - young filmmakers. The main theme of the Master Class is: “Necessity of collaboration between scriptwriter, director and producer”.
The primary objective of the Master Class in Collaboration for Film Making is to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the collaborative aspects involved in the filmmaking process. The Master Class aims to equip young filmmakers with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively collaborate with diverse professionals in the film industry.
Key elements to be considered during the Master Class:
- Understanding the collaborative nature of filmmaking
- Roles and responsibilities of key team members (scriptwriter, director and producer)
- Effective communication and teamwork in film production
- Collaborative script development and storyboarding
- Cinematography and its collaborative elements
- Collaborative editing and post-production processes
- Working with actors and fostering a collaborative environment on set
- Case studies (Examples) of successful film collaborations.
SCOPE OF WORK
Two independent Experts will be responsible for delivery of Master Class, as part of the project “Shoot your film” activites.
The work will be to a high quality, to the project budget limits and compliant with relevant British Council standards.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Experts should be responsible for the following activities:
a. Design of one day Master Class as part of the capacity building training with the main theme: “Necessity of collaboration between scriptwriter, director and producer” (including training materials) (up to 0.5 day preparation)
b. Master Class delivery (up to 1 day)
c. Producing a short final report after completion of the Master class (up to 0.5 day)
• Training materials
• Training delivery – Master Class
• Final report.
Experience and Education
The scope of the Expert’s mandate define the ideal profile for this position as including an established competence of potential candidates in the following areas, preferably at the international level:
• Relevant degree (Master level or PhD), e.g. in Acting, Film Directing, Film Production, or an equivalent level of experience (min 10 years) in Film Industry
• Minimum 10 year’s working experience in Production of films
• Deep understanding of the collaborative aspects involved in the filmmaking process
• Relevant experience in collaborative script development and storyboarding
• Relevant experience in collaborative editing and post-production processes
• Relevant experience in working with scriptwriter, director and producer and fostering a collaborative environment on set
• Relevant experience in working with actors and fostering a collaborative environment on set.
• Considerable experience in working in the film industry, within small, medium and large set-up in a local and international context
• Relevant experience in the film industry in the WB region
• Demonstrable experience in designing and providing training programmes in Film making
Language and skills
• Excelent knowledge of local languages (BHS, MN). The Master Class will be held in local languages.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills.
Duration of assignment
The assignment will start on 17 November 2023. Each expert is expected to work up to two working days from the start of the assignment until the end November 2023. Exact dates to be agreed with the relevant project representative.
All activities will be done virtually.
The award criterion for this ToR for two independent Experts is relevant experience.The CV evaluation will be fair and transparent. Only the shortlisted CVs will be evaluated.